Characteristics & Comparison with Other Production Methods
What is Powder Metallurgy?….
- It is the process of compacting blended powdered material and then heating and bonding it in the metal part production
- 1. Economically efficient
- High precision die enables us to produce a part with "Near Net Shape" closed to its final dimension even for a complicated shape product. This helps the reduction of raw material costs and makes processes more efficient.
- 2. High Productivity
- The continuous production with die makes mass production and high yield ratio possible
- 3. Peculiarity
- Change of the blended powder composition can provide a variety of mechanical characteristics to satisfy customer requirements. Control of the structure is also possible by changing production condition to meet the requirements for many applications.
Comparison with Other Production Method
|Productivity||Less than 100 pcs||◎||◎|
|More than 5,000 pcs||○||◎||◎||◎|
|Precision||More than a few
|10 to 90 mm||◎||○||○||◎||◎||◎|
|Less than a few mm||○||◎||◎||◎||◎|
|Weight||More than a few
|10 to 90 grams||◎||◎||◎||◎||◎|
|Less than a few grams||◎||◎||◎||◎|
|Material||High Melting Point